Search This Blog

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Cathy Jean's Deep Fried Chicken Legs

I wish I had a photo to post of the delicious mess we made in my kitchen last weekend while making this recipe Gene's daughter brought to my home. I couldn't help saying "beautiful" about a million times after seeing the big pile of deep fried chicken legs we produced with a deep fryer and my dutch oven filled with oil on the stove. This is so easy, I don't know how I've known Gene for 9 years and never had this before but I can tell you we'll be having it again if I have my way about it.

DEEP FRIED CHICKEN LEGS

You'll need:  Chicken legs, buttermilk, flour, and oil. Use a deep fryer or a dutch oven filled with enough oil to at least cover 3/4 of the chicken.

1)  Chicken Legs: wash 'em up and place them in a big pan of water and bring to boil. Simmer for a good 20 minutes to cook the legs thoroughly. Drain water from chicken. (Note: you gotta cook the chicken before you deep fry it or you will have raw chicken in the middle.)

2)  Place buttermilk in a pie pan and coat the drained chicken in buttermilk and then place in a zip lock bag full of flour & seasoning and shake it up.

3)  Using tongs, place the coated chicken in hot, hot, hot oil and watch it turn to a golden brown.  Place it on a paper towel to soak up excess oil and serve it to a hungry crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment