Search This Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Susan's Special Spaghetti Feed Menu

We had 12 good friends over for a spaghetti feed on Friday night so I thought I should write down my menu for next time. Everything went perfect and our guests loved it. I don't think it's necessary to re-create the wheel so I will defnitely use this menu again!
 
Spaghetti Sauce:  I served two kinds of sauce. One was an Italian spicy sausage/hamburger sauce and the other was a plain-Jane sauce with meatballs. See my sweet spaghetti sauce recipe. (Note: make a lot, you can always freeze any extra sauce for later.)
 
Noodles: I always cook too many noodles but that's okay. I have a 3-pot slow cooker so I am able to put the noodles in one pot along with the two different red sauces. Perfect. I store the extra noodles in a big ziploc bag and we eat spaghetti for as many meals as we can stand. After that, if I still have noodles, I will eat them cold with a lite basalmic vinegar dressing tossed with cherry tomatoes, a little green onion and anything else I have sitting in the crisper, sprinkled with a little grated Parmesan cheese.
 
Garlic Bread:  Depending on how much time I have, I will make my own garlic bread but I'm not above buying the pre-buttered, seasoned kind.
 
Tossed Green Salad: I have a big beautiful glass bowl that I love to fill with a salad that has everything I can think of in it. Leaf lettuce, mushrooms, carrots, green onions, cherry tomatoes, sugar snap peas (chopped), and broccoli slaw (if I need to stretch it). The leftovers get placed into serving size bowls and I have salad for my work lunches.
 
Salad Dressings: We eat lite dressings but most of our friends don't. I try to buy a regular Italian dressing and a good bleu cheese dressing to serve.
 
Dessert: Dreyer's makes a fabulous Spimone flavored ice cream and it is a big hit with folks who have never had it before. My 2nd choice for dessert would be Rainbow Sherbet. You wanna keep it light after such a heavy dinner.
 
Drinks:  Remember to have ice on-hand. If a guest asks what they can bring, I let them bring liters of soda. Rootbeer was a huge hit at my last spaghetti feed and the runner up is 7-up. Water, orange juice and coffee are always available at my house.
 
Notes: 10/26/12 Had a party for our friend, Marty. It was awesome. We had 12 people and really could not put more than that comfortably in our house. It's hard sometimes to limit the guest list so I guess we just need to have more parties and mix it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment