Search This Blog

Monday, May 28, 2012

Fruit Pizza

FRUIT PIZZA

"CRUST":
1 tube of Pillsbury Sugar Cookie dough
Spread cookie onto a pizza pan or you can use a regular cake pan
Bake a 350 until cookie is nice and brown. It takes longer than you think it will. Let cookie cool in the pan. Use a spatula to lift cookie from the pan as it is cooling to make sure it doesn't stick. 

 "SAUCE":
1 cube cream cream cheese at room temp. (you can use reduced fat if you want)
1 tsp vanilla
Powdered sugar.  I don't measure my powdered sugar but start with one cup and keep adding until it is as sweet as I want.
I sometimes add a scant amount of milk or orange juice if I get too much powdered sugar mixed in.

Spread the frosting on the cookie. 

Add your favorite fresh fruit. Go crazy with the design!  This pizza is better when it has been sitting in the fridge for a couple of hours and it is over-the-top good the next day!

ENJOY!!!


July 2012 update:  Nancy and I made some "mini" fruit pizzas to take to a bbq.  They turned out very nicely but they get soggy fairly quickly so I think I'd make the cookies a bit thicker next time and make them up just before I'm heading out the door to any event with them or before serving to company.

1 comment:

  1. Looks to pretty to eat!! I've only had this once and it was divine!

    ReplyDelete