Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Oven Pan Fried Red Potatoes

Our son-in-law made these for Gene's 60th birthday party and I came home with a hankering for them. I've made them 3 times since then so I felt they were worthy enough for my 'favorites' blog. A great side dish to go along with anything else you might be baking in the oven.  Great for breakfast, too! Also, a special shout out to Sandra Firestack whose cooking blog inspired me to start my own blog for my favorite things to cook.  You should visit Sandra's blog!!

  • Slice up your red potatoes. You can make them thick or thin, you choose.
  • Spray Pam in the bottom of your cast iron skillet or cookie sheet.
  • Spray the tops of the potatoes with Pam after you lay them in the pan.
  • Sprinkle with Oregano and salt & pepper or whatever seasoning you like.
  • Bake in 375 oven for about 20 - 25 minutes. Turn them over and bake for as long as it takes to cook them through.  These thins ones took a total 40 minutes. 

The beauty of these oven pan fried potatoes is you don't have to use any oil or grease.  They are heart healthy taters.  Enjoy!

You're gonna love these!

No comments:

Post a Comment