Search This Blog

Friday, December 31, 2010

Cherry Nut Bread

This is the same recipe I use for making cranberry nut bread but I just bought some candied cherries and pineapple because they had a screaming deal on those items after Christmas.  I considered making a fruitcake until I read how much work it is to make one.  So I used the candied cherries in place of the cranberries and he loved it. It's an easy recipe and I'll be making it again!



Cherry Nut Bread
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 TBSL baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/4 cup cooking oil
3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans.
1 cup candied cherries

Grease the bottom and sides of  loaf pan. Mix dry ingredients. Add egg, milk, oil, nuts & cherries to mix. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes until a wooden toothpick comes out clean.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Susan I've been meaning to tell you...someone gave me some peanut brittle for Christmas and it had dried cranberries in it. Delish!! You should try it next year with your homemade version.

    ReplyDelete